Today in Los Angeles, Chevrolet unveiled the all new 2015 Colorado! This truck is intended to redefine the midsize truck and offer real truck capability to our customers who don’t require a full sized pick up truck.
Infused with the DNA if a true Chevy truck, the 2015 Colorado is expected to deliver class-leading power, payload and trailering ratings. The design of the 2015 Colorado is distinctive with an emphasis on comfort and connectivity features. This includes segment first such as available forward collision alert and lane departure warning.
The 2015 Colorado is also going to be the most powerful truck in its segment, with a standard 2.5L I-4 and an available 3.6L V-6. Each engine is tuned, tested and validated for truck us and each comes with direct injection and variable valve timing to provide more efficiency along with more power. When the 2015 Colorado is properly equipped it has a maximum payload and trailering capacity of over 6,700 lbs.
Also available in the 2nd year year of the 2015 Colorado, will be an available Duramax I-4 turbodiesel.
The design of the 2015 Colorado is unique and couples a confident stance with a sporty demeanor. It features taller bedsides which match the aggressive, raked belt line of the cab. This reinforces the truck’s athleticism while better securing items that are stored in the bed – This is just one example of how GM matched looks with functionality.
There are also multiple configurations that meet the needs of any 2015 Colorado owner. This includes an extended cab with a 6 foot bed, a crew cab with a 5 foot bed and a crew cab with a 6 foot bed. When you lower the tailgate, the 6 foot bed allows hauling of 8 foot items.
Available trim levels are WT, LT and Z71. All of these are available in 2WD and 4WD. The Z71 is the brawniest of the bunch, featuring a gunmetal grille, projector headlamps and 17 inch wheels.
There are many more examples about how the 2015 Colorado stays true to what people have come to expect out of a Chevrolet Truck:
- Standard CornerStep rear bumper
- Available EZ Lift and Lower tailgate
- Two tier loading that allows a platform to split the bed into upper and lower sections
- Thirteen tie-down locations throughout the bed
- Standard bed rail and tailgate protectors
- Available factory installed spray in bed liner
Taking cues from the Silverado, the 2015 Colorado is designed to be comfortable and is cleverly equipped and well connected. The bold, upright instrument panel has large controls. There is also a central driver information center that is very similar to the one found in the Silverado.
Exceptional attention to detail and appointments were paid by the 2015 Colorado. This includes a sculpted headliner, halo lighting, halo lighting on key controls and an open area at the front of the center console. The Z71 will also feature exclusive color and trim details.
Other interior features of the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado are:
- Sculpted door panels that make it easier to enter/exit
- Upper instruments panel storage bin and large glove box
- Standard center console
- Rear under seat storage
Connectivity, control and technology
The 2015 Colorado is aimed at complementing owners’ lifestyles with more connectivity and features than ever before while keeping them safe of course! Take a look at this list of connected features:
- 8 inch diagonal color touch screen with multiple USB drives
- 3.4 inch diagonal driver information screen
- Available next generation OnStar and MyLink enhancements with gesture recognition
- Available navigation
- Six standard air bags including head side curtain air bags
- Large rearview mirrors and rear vision camera system
- Available forward collision alert
- Available lane departure warning
- StabiliTrak, Rollover mitigation, trailer sway control, hill start and descent control
To find out more about the brand new 2015 Colorado, email us at SweeneySales@SweeneyCars.com or give us a call at 877-360-5077